Monday, February 28, 2011

LIBERATING FROM POVERTY

                   LIBERATING FROM POVERTY

               My groups focus area is about poverty. Poverty is defined as when people don’t have enough money don’t have a shelter or don’t have food.Many people who live in poverty look for an exit to liberate themselves from it however it is not very to find the correct way for an exit but is better when you try because in that way you can achieve.
                 Many people in this whole world are being oppressed by poverty specially in this moment CA is having difficulties with the economy , and specially that CA is going through crisis of water. Which makes a barrier in our life because many people have lost their jobs, and that the water price could go up. That will make it hard and more oppressive for people living in poverty because they don’t  have enough money.
               However many people that live into poverty have tried to liberate themselves from poverty. A way to liberate themselves from poverty is to start working. This could be a possible solution to liberate your self from poverty because in that way your trying to work to get payed for  a better future and start getting a better life than the anterior. If someone who lives in poverty starts working is a very good news because they are trying to get themselves out of something that is making them not achieve their goal.
                   One personal experience that I have with this type of oppression that is poverty is when Listened to the story of my mother.It relates to the story poverty because my mother did not get the education that she wanted for the lack of money and for not knowing how to speak Spanish nor English !! the language that she knew was Mom a native language from Guatemala. My grandfather past away so my mother had to take care the rest of her sisters and brothers and also she had to work out under the sun raise. So she didn't assist to a school. One step that my mother took to liberate herself from poverty or this type of oppression was persevering hard to start working and most importantly coming to the US. She came here to give me and my sisters the education that she never received. One thing I appreciate most is that my mother has being working very hard to maintain me and my family. I want to go to college because is a very important opportunity that a lot of people don’t get.Also because getting a degree is the best ticket out of a long run poverty life.
                  Ten things that make me happy are... well first of all I thank God that I’m alive .I’m thanked for having a family.For having the family that makes me happy every day.The family that is always there for me in good and bad moments that it doesn’t matter what happens they are there supporting me and everything. Something that makes me bring joy to my life when I think of it are my favorite foods! It brings joy into my life having a best -friend Mariel or in other ways (Blooms) And it brings me joy of becoming a doctor one day because is my dream job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment